Residence Permit & Visa
1. New students holding an X visa must apply for a residence permit to the Department of Entry & Exit Administration, Ningbo Public Security Bureau, within 30 days from the date of entry in China. New students with an F visa must secure a visa extension or resident permit before their period of visa validity expire. Those who exceed the specified time will be punished in accordance with relevant Chinese laws for illegal residence.
2. International students who are transferring from another city in China should go through the move-out formalities with the Department of Entry & Exit Administration of that city and then go through the move-in formalities with the Department of Entry & Exit Administration, Ningbo Public Security Bureau, within 10 days from their arrival at the university.
3. If any items on the residence permit change during his/her study at the university, student must have the relevant information changed with the Department of Entry & Exit Administration of Ningbo Public Security Bureau within 10 days after the change takes place.
4. Current students must secure a visa extension from the Department of Entry & Exit Administration of Ningbo Public Security Bureau at least one week before their residence permit expires. Documents for visa extension application include the applicant’s passport and a certification issued by the International College, Ningbo. Failure to secure the extension before the expiration of residence permits will be deemed as illegal residence and thus leads to penalty in accordance with relevant Chinese laws. Students are advised to solve their visa problem during regular semester time as it is not handled during vacations. A residence permit may be extended up to one year at a time. No extension will be possible for students who are to leave the university for graduation or completion of their course of study.
5. International students may enter and exit China for multiple times as long as their Residence Permits are valid.
6. International students who have lost their passports should inform the International College and the Department of Entry & Exit Administration, Ningbo Public Security Bureau immediately, obtain a certification for the loss, apply for a new passport to their embassy/consulate in China and a new residence permit from the Department of Entry & Exit Administration of Ningbo Public Security Bureau. International students who have secured new passports must inform the International College to have their personal information updated.
7. The Address of the Department of Entry & Exit Administration, Ningbo Municipal Public Security Bureau: Guangxian Rd, Gaoxing District (in charge with the international students From Ningbo University). 658 Zhongxin Rd, Jiangdong District (the headquarters).
8. To apply for a residence permit, new students need to prepare the following documents and materials
(1) A certification issued by the International College;
(3) The Original third slip of Visa Application for Study in China (Form JW201 or JW202)
(4) One duplicate copy of the Admission Notice;
(5) One recent 2-inch photo of the applicant (front, bareheaded, with a white background);
(6) The Certificate of Verification of Physical Examination Record for Foreigners & Overseas Chinese, which is required for students who will study for more than 6 months;
(7) Temporary residence registration certification issued by the local police station, which is required additionally for students dwelling off campus;
(8) A certification of completion of study issued by the student’s former school in China, which is required for those with residence permits issued by the city where the student’s former school is located.
(9) International students are responsible for all costs shall settle their residence permit, visa, etc. at their own cost.